bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Love those cherries!

 
They are here again....and calling out to be made into something special! And EASY!
(Sketchbook from another summer!)
 

CHERRY CLAFOUTIS

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Melt butter (3 T.) in the bottom of a 9.5 " pie dish.

Place 2 cups of pitted dark cherries in the bottom of the dish, sprinkle with 1/2 c. Slivered almonds.

set aside.

In a blender combine 1 c. milk ( almond or coconut milks work well), 3 eggs, 1 t. Vanilla, 1/2 c. flour (gluten free if desired), dash of salt, 1/2 c. sugar.

Pour over cherries and almonds in the dish.

Bake for about 1 hour...checking after 45 minutes.....or so.

This is a lovely baked custard dish....

It is dense and smooth, not light and airy.

Delicious warm or chilled, even with whipped cream, too!

P.S. I got my cherry pitter at Bed Bath and Beyond. It is very helpful! I love it for canning jars of brandied cherries too!

 

**********************

The latest apron, from a Kwik Sew pattern. I love how the straps cross in the back, no annoying ties around the neck!

 

3 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That looks good and I might even be able to cut the sugar even more. I would like to try that apron pattern. I can't stand the ties around my neck....it bugs me! lol Enjoy your day my friend! Hugs, Diane

Annie Jeffries said...

Looking good while making deliciousness is always a good thing.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Yummm - and the apron is darling. I have a lot of cherries - this looks like a good time to make a dessert.

Related Posts with Thumbnails